If you or a family member is disabled, small daily tasks can become huge obstacles in a standard house. Modular adaption pods are a way of adding accessible space to your home quickly with little disruption to your lifestyle.
- 12 weeks (typically) from site visit to completion (includes the 8-week planning application)
- Workmen on site at your property for less than a week
- No access needed to your home during site preparation
- Pod craned into position and installed ready for occupation in less than 1 day
Typical project time on site from start to handover and occupation is 3 to 5 days
Home adaption to suit your needs
Tell us what you need, and we’ll work with you at the design stage to customise your pod. Your pod is designed and built specifically for you and your property. It will have a fully-complaint DDA wet room, bathroom or bedroom as well as any other facilities you require. We’ll match the exterior so it’s in keeping with the rest of your house.
To find out more, please call us on 01691 688527 or get a quote. For examples of our work, please see our previous adaptions for disabled clients.
Grants for home adaption
The government’s Disabled Facilities Grant can give you up to £30,000 for disability home adaptions. Landlords with a tenant who is disabled can also apply.
Advantages for councils
If you’re an Adaptation Officer, modular adaption pods have several advantages over traditional building methods:
- Only 1 site visit to generate the specification
- All drawings provided for DFG grant application
- No separate architect and contractors
- Planning and Building Control liaison as part of the project
- One point of contact and faster, expert service
- Full turnkey service from appraisal through to handover
- Modules can be easily relocated between properties